What Is Fat Joe’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$7.5 Million|
|Born||August 19, 1970|
|Age||51 years old|
|Birthplace||New York City, U.S.A|
|Source of Wealth||Rapper, Songwriter, Actor, Record Executive, Entrepreneur|
Fat Joe is an American rapper, actor, songwriter, record executive, and entrepreneur. As of 2022, he has an extraordinary net worth of $7.5 million.
He is well known for the songs “Lean Back,” “What’s Luv?“, “Make It Rain,” and “All the Way Up.” He also runs the record label Terror Squad Entertainment. He made his debut with “Represent” in 1993.
Fat Joe has appeared in films other than Happy Feet and Scary Movie 3. He also appeared in Spike Lee’s Netflix series She’s Gotta Have It.
Would you like to know more about him…? Let’s jump in and have a look at his complete biography, age, wiki, earnings, films, and many more things…!
Fat Joe Biography/ Wikipedia/ Wiki
|Real Name||Joseph Antonio Cartagena|
|Known As||Fat Joe da Gangsta, Fat Joe|
|Birth Date||August 19, 1970|
|Age||51 years old|
|Height||6 ft (1.82 m)|
|Weight||198.41 lbs (90 kg)|
|Children||Ryan, Azariah, Joey Cartagena|
|Net Worth||$7.5 Million|
|Profession||Rapper, Songwriter, Actor, Record Executive, and Entrepreneur|
How Was Fat Joe’s Early Life and Education?
Fat Joe’s real name is Joseph Antonio Catagena. He was born in the Bronx to Joey Cartagena and Ernesto Delgado, of Puerto Rican and Cuban descent, respectively.
He lived in the Forest Houses, a public housing complex in the South Bronx’s Morrisania neighborhood. As a child, Fat Joe used to steal to help feed his family.
He finished his high school education at Morris High School. During his school years, he referred to himself as a bully. It was his older brother, Andre, who introduced him to the world of hip-hop music.
How Did Fat Joe Start His Career?
In 1992, Cartagena joined Diggin’ in the Crates Crew under the alias “Fat Joe da Gangster” (D.I.T.C). He was first signed to Relativity Records, and his debut album was ready to be released in 1993.
Fat Joe’s first solo album, Represent, featured the hit “Flow Joe.” The song topped the Rap Charts and helped Fat Joe launch his music career with a bang.
In 1995, he released Jealous One’s Envy, his second album. The song “Envy” did well on the charts, entrenching Fat Joe’s success. He appeared in the music video, “I Shot Ya,” and began working with Big Pun, whom he discovered.
Don Cartegena, Fat Joe’s third album, was released in 1998 and featured collaborations with Nas, Diddy, and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
Terror Squad was also the title of Fat Joe’s new record label, which he used to promote several artists. Fat Joe continued to work with notable musicians for his fourth studio album, Jealous Ones Still Envy.
Irv Gotti produced the album, which featured artists such as Ashanti, Ja Rule, and Ludacris. Although “We Thuggin” was the album’s biggest hit, it was completely overshadowed by “What’s Luv?”
The track, which featured Ashanti and Ja Rule and was arguably Fat Joe’s most successful song of all time, has since become one of the most timeless and nostalgic tracks from the early 2000s.
“True Story,” the band’s debut album, was released in 2004. He collaborated with Remy Ma on the album’s massive hit “Lean Back.”
Joe has also appeared in films such as Scary Movie 3, Happy Feet, Empire, Thicker Than Water, Supermodel, and Prison Song.
Fat Joe appeared in the ComplexLand virtual event in December 2020 and spoke about the best sneakers of the year.
Fat Joe’s Personal Life
Fat Joe has two sons from previous relationships, Joey and Ryan. He married Lorena Cartagena in 1995. Azariah, the couple’s daughter, was born on May 12, 2006.
Joe had struggled with weight loss for the majority of his life. In 1996, he weighed more than 300 pounds. In 2011, he released the film Drop a Body, in which he demonstrates how he lost 88 pounds.
How Does Fat Joe Make His Money?
His primary sources of income from which he has amassed $7.5 million are as follows:
- Earnings as a Rapper/Songwriter
- Earnings as a Record Executive
- Earnings as an Actor
- Earning as an Entrepreneur
Fat Joe Social Media Accounts
Fat Joe’s Music Albums
- Represent – 1993
- Jealous One’s Envy – 1995
- Don Cartagena – 1998)
- Jealous Ones Still Envy (J.O.S.E.) – 2001
- Loyalty – 2002
- All or Nothing – 2005
- Me, Myself & I – 2006
- The Elephant in the Room – 2008
- Jealous Ones Still Envy 2 (J.O.S.E. 2) – 2009
- The Darkside Vol. 1 – 2010
- The Album with Terror Squad – 1999
- True Story with Terror Squad – 2004
- Family Ties with Dre – 2019
- What Would Big Do 2021 with DJ Drama – 2021
Fat Joe’s Films
- Urban Menace (Terror) – 1999
- Blazin’ (Big Jay) – 2001
- Prison Song (Big Pete) – 2001
- Empire (Tito Severe) – 2002
- Scary Movie 3 (Himself) – 2003
- Happy Feet (Seymour) – 2006
- Breathe (Eddie Cortes) – 2009
- Narx (Big Ed) – 2011
- Supermodel (Xavier) – 2015
- Checkmate (Freddie “Flash” Morales) – 2016
- Night School (Bobby) – 2018
- New York Undercover (Beto) – 2019
- Fearless (DJ) – 2020
- She’s Gotta Have It (Winny Win Winford) – 2017–2019
- The Captain (Himself) – 2022
Major Career Highlights
- In 2005, he won an ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Award for “What Luv?”.
- He received a Billboard Latin Music Award in 2006 for I Don’t Care/Que Mas Da (Dance Remixes).
- Fat Joe has been nominated for many awards, including four Grammy Awards for his album “What Luv?”.
- Jealous Ones Still Envy (J.O.S.E.) received platinum certification.
- Up MTV VI was nominated for an iHeartRadio Music Award, and What Luv, Make it Rain, All the Way Up, and Lean Back were nominated for Deo Music Awards.
- BET Awards for Lean Back, as well as for Fat Joe and Remy Ma’s best group.
Fat Joe’s Famous Quotes
“I have been Fat Joe since I was a kid. It’s always been my name and always will be.”Fat Joe
“As long as you get your education and you stay focused, you can do anything.”Fat Joe
“Everybody wants to be famous. You have to be ready to deal with the consequences.”Fat Joe
“See, me, I don’t run away. During my successes or my failures, I put it on me.”Fat Joe
4 Success Lessons From Fat Joe
- Your success could be the answer to your critics.
- Successes and failures depend only on you.
- Never get involved in a business where you can’t be hands-on.
- It is important to speak to people from the heart.
Fat Joe is a successful American rapper. Who has been at the top of his game for a long time. Fat Joe has numerous albums and songs to his credit. He has also collaborated with several other singers and artists to create some incredible pieces.
His life is inspiring for people who face challenges early in life, but you can learn from him as well. As per recent updates, Fat Joe’s net worth is $7.5 million.
- DJ Khaled Net Worth
- Jadakiss Net Worth
- Lil Wayne Net Worth
- Drake Net Worth
- Tyga Net Worth
- Eminem Net Worth
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Fat Joe, such as age, weight, height, biography, wife, etc…
What is Fat Joe’s Net Worth?
Fat Joe’s total net worth is estimated to be around $7 million.
What Is Fat Joe’s Age?
Fat Joe is currently 51 years old as he was born on August 19, 1970.
What Is Fat Joe’s Salary?
Fat Joe’s annual salary is estimated to be $0.5 million or more.
What Is Fat Joe’s Height And Weight?
Fat Joe stands 6 ft (1.82 m) tall and weighs 198.41 lbs (90 kg).
What Is The Name Of Fat Joe’s Wife?
Since 1995, Fat Joe has been married to Lorena Cartagena.
(PS: This is not the exact net worth of Fat Joe. The info is taken from different high-quality web sources.)